Monday, October 3, 2011

Intro

Hi!

This is Jessica (otherwise known as Ms. Langbein.)  Thanks for stopping by.

This post is my first endeavor towards entering the world of blogging...in this classroom, at least.  I love blogs.  I've kept a few myself and read blogs constantly, practically everyday.  I like that I can easily access a wide variety of "experts" on any topic.  I like that I can reach out to those experts, ask them questions, engage in discussion, and read the discussions of other members in my online community.  Blogging helps me feel like I belong somewhere.

Outside of the blogosphere, I enjoy reading a wide variety of things.  My favorite author is Jane Austen, and I like fiction often referred to as "chick lit" or "women's fiction," although I despise these terms.  I read a lot of modern Japanese fiction.  I also like memoir and other narrative non-fiction.  Also, I love reading cookbooks.  (Betcha didn't know you could read cookbooks for pleasure, huh?  It's the first section I visit in the bookstore.)  But, lately, it feels like I've been reading nothing but "teacher books:" books on what to teach and how to teach it.

What about you?  What do you like to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment